One of the great advantages of the virtual world is that you can quickly change the layout of a shop or the design of packaging without the time and expenses of altering anything in the real world. Virtual Shop is a set-up that you can use to test how purchase intent is affected by aspects such as:
- Packaging design and elements.
- Product position on a shelf.
- Product placement in a store.
- Store lay-out.
- Product labelling.
- Advertising about the product in the store, such as posters or other marketing stimuli.
Our Virtual Shop also offers you the possibility to test product or packaging concepts that do not exist yet or are difficult (or even impossible) to realize at this moment. With Virtual Shop, you can easily and accurately measure the response of shoppers while they move around the shop and select products with different packaging, in different positions, and so on.
- Complete solution, integrating all relevant data into one package.
- 3D remote eye tracking offers accurate measurement of the test participants gaze behavior.
- User friendly integrated system: no need to become a specialist on individual system parts.
- Enhanced analysis options.
- More cost effective and efficient compared to actually producing test products.
- More realistic than images.
Integrated shopper research
Virtual Shop has a number of key functions, including:
- Design and editing of the shop layout, product assortment, price, placement, and so on.
- Automatic recording of the shopper’s behavior, for example time in front of shelf, sequence of shelves visited, time walking, selection of product, products viewed, or products purchased (put in shopping basket).
- Automatic recording of the shopper’s gaze, including total time viewing each label, sequence of viewing labels, and whether each shelf was seen.
- Automatic recording of detailed eye tracking measures, including blink rate, fixations, saccades, pupil diameter and over 70 other signals.
- Recording physiological responses of the test persons (optional).
The editor of the products in the virtual shop. You can define all the properties of the product such as its appearance, dimensions, and price. The main components of Virtual Shop are:
- Green Dino’s shop simulator is a realistic virtual environment, using artificial intelligence to create a realistic interactive shopping experience. It allows for controllable and reproducible shopping scenarios which can easily be adapted to suit your application.
- A remote eye tracking system is included in the setup. By using this eye tracker, you can accurately and unobtrusively assess the participant’s gaze behavior, allowing you to analyze dynamically where he/she is looking at, in what order and how long. Gaze information measured in full 3D is automatically imported into The Observer XT, saving you a lot of time annotating this afterwards.
- The Observer XT is the ideal integration platform. Its synchronization and integration capabilities make it very easy to link gaze behavior, simulator data, and expert evaluations, supported with video feeds. Besides an integrated visualization of all data streams, The Observer XT allows you to execute a combined analysis on all data streams. Although all relevant data are combined into one system, the original data are also still available.
- Other measurements such as physiological sensors (ECG, GSR, etc.) and video-based facial expression analysis (FaceReader) can be added to the set-up for assessing emotion and state of the test participant.
This new innovative research tool helps you understand the behavior of a customer and the influence of many different aspects on in-store purchase behavior. Noldus InnovationWorks and Green Dino have partnered in development of Virtual Shop, combining the strength of each partner to deliver this powerful new test instrument. At this moment Virtual Shop is under development and to be released soon. Please contact us if you want to be kept up-to-date!
The follow up phase of virtual testing is the testing of physical products in a real life environment. Real life testing can also take place in our physical Shop Lab.